While working on breakfast today, I had left over vegetables: the tops of the leeks, some extra red cabbage… so I figured I’d make it into a nice fresh soup. Great way to get your vegetable intake up. What you will note missing from below is fat… no oil. So I diced up an avocado and threw it into the hot soup after I served it. Plus a scoop of quinoa for some extra protein. De-li-cious!
- 2 green leek tops
- 1 cup of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 leaves of kale
- 1 dried chipotle pepper (for a meaty, smoky flavor)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp Organic Better Than Bouillon, Vegetable broth
- Boil 5 cups of water.
- Add Better Than Bouillon, chipotle and bay leaves.
- Add veggies, cover and let simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Take out chipotle and serve.